Thursday, August 17, 2023
The Minimum Compensation Ordinance (MCO) covers most City service contractors as well as tenants at the San Francisco International Airport. The law generally requires covered employers to provide to their covered employees:
- No less than the MCO hourly wage in effect;
- 12 paid days off per year (or cash equivalent); and
- 10 days off without pay per year.
2023 Minimum Compensation Rates: Published July 1, 2023
- For-profit wage rate is $20.22/hour
- Non-profit wage rate is $18.93/hour
- Public Entities wage rate is $19.25/hour.
- Public Entities Rate will increase to $20.25 on September 1, 2023
- Public Entities Rate will increase to $20.75 on January 1, 2024
For more information, or to sign up for email updates on the MCO and HCAO, visit https://sf.gov/information/understanding-minimum-compensation-ordinance